Answered By: Brian Sutton Last Updated: Jul 27, 2017 Views: 2
1. Hit ctrl+shift+escape to open Task Manager.
2. On the processes tab , locate explorer.exe and select it,
3. then click 'end process' .
This should clear the desktop save the background.
4. Now move to the applications tab and click on 'new task'.
5. Type in explorer.exe and click OK to reload the desktop.
6. Try clicking on some icons and check if it works fine. If so, then you have something
loading at boot that is interfering with the desktop.
If the issue persists, check in Clean Boot as there could be some third party software interfering: